The StoryTarium is the newest feature at the Kansas City Museum, where visitors can learn about Kansas City’s rich local and regional history. The StoryTarium features films, lectures and other history-related programming in an intimate auditorium that seats 40 people. It is housed in the Museum’s former planetarium. The regular programming schedule in the revamped space will feature a variety of original programs that first aired on KCPT, Channel 19.
Open weekly Tuesday - Sunday
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday
Noon - 4:30 p.m. Sunday
Visitors can choose which films they would like to see, with 10 titles to choose from.
• Ours to Give: The Long Legacy of an American Family
• Stories Under the Stone
• Bad Blood
• Community Builder: The Life and Legacy of J.C. Nichols
• The Pony Express
• Over Here! The Story of Kansas City and World War II
• The Royal Years
• Uniquely Kansas City Part 1: The Art of the City
• Uniquely Kansas City Part 2: A Great Town Rises
• Union Station Massacre