Union Station Parking and Access – April 11 – 20
Please note that Union Station is not coordinating media inquiries or interviews regarding the taping this Friday and Saturday of American Ninja Warrior. All media should contact Leslie Schwartz at NBC Universal at (818) 777-3233. Other questions may be directed to Toni Alexander at Visit KC (816) 691-3848 or TAlexander@visitkc.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 13, 2015
Union Station Media Contact: Michael Tritt
(816) 460-2278 (office); email@example.com
EASY ACCESS TO UNION STATION DESTINATIONS DURING
AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR PRODUCTION
Street closure and parking modifications currently in effect through April 20
KANSAS CITY, MO - As Union Station prepares to host a taping of NBC’s heart-racing competition series, American Ninja Warrior, accommodations have been made to be sure attractions and services remain easily accessible.
Filming will take place in front of the Station from April 11 – 20 in the South Plaza Parking Lot. During that time, Union Station is asking guests to note the following modifications which are currently in place:
- Pershing Rd. between Main St. and Kessler St. is currently closed and will remain closed through April 20. Detour signs have been placed to help direct patrons around the Station and into open parking.
- The South Plaza Parking Lot, located directly in front of the Station, is currently closed and will remain closed until April 20. This includes access to the Station via the front west doors. The front east doors will be open, but only accessible from sidewalk leading to and from Main St.
- The Triangle Parking Lot, located in front of and to the west of the Station, will be closed periodically through the production with limited capacity.
- Post Office Patrons will have access to 30-minute parking in the West Yard Garage located directly behind the Station with access through lower west entrance by the Station Box Office.
- Amtrak patrons should plan for drop-off and pick-up via the lower level west entrance, closest to the Station Box Office.
- Taxi pick-up and drop-off is also available at the lower level west entrance.
- Limited restaurant parking is available in the Triangle Lot, however, parking in the West Yard Garage, is strongly recommended.
Overnight camping and/or occupied parking is not allowed on any Union Station property, including all garage facilities.
All parking will return to regular configurations on April 21.
Members of the public wishing to attend one of the tapings, which will take place Friday and Saturday of this week, may request free tickets by visiting http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/american_ninja_warrior.
About Union Station Kansas City, Inc.
Union Station Kansas City is a historical landmark and civic asset renovated and reopened to the public in 1999. The organization, driven by its mission of science, history education and entertainment, is home to Kansas City’s Science Center; the popular Model Railroad Experience; the Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium; the Regnier Extreme Screen Theatre, H&R Block City Stage featuring live theater, and a selection of unique shops and restaurants. Union Station is also home to prominent area civic organizations and businesses and regularly hosts world-class traveling exhibitions. Visit www.unionstation.org for details.