We value your donation and support! Union Station relies on donors like you for a variety of goals. We need your support to: preserve and maintain the building, to sponsor world-class traveling cultural exhibitions and mount new exhibitions about Kansas City history, and to advance robust and high-quality science programs and facilities through the Science Center.
Union Station Kansas City, Inc. is a non-profit 501c3 organization. We are responsible for raising all funds to cover our many operating costs. Ticketing sales, memberships, retail sales, leases, facility rentals and corporate sponsorships currently account for only part of our operating income. To cover this balance, the Station relies on endowments, contributions, grants and public support from donors like you. Ensure that Union Station continues to be a destination where culture, creativity, entertainment, learning and fun connect.
Thank you for your donation!
Ways to Give
Early Learning – Opening Spring 2020:
- Project Cost: $8,200,000 (estimated)
- Total Funding Commitments: $7,662,000
- Remaining Funding Needed: $519,000
Your Lasting Legacy
Available Naming Rights Opportunities
- All Aboard: $600,000
- Let’s Play! For Little Explorers: $500,000
- Creative Corner: $450,000
- Additional Opportunities:
- Art/Paint Room - $250,000
- Sand Studio - $150,000
- Classroom - $150,000
- Trains Move Freight – $150,000
- Intermodal Table – $150,000
- Sleeper Car – $100,000
- Dining Car – $100,000
- Main Engine – $100,000
- Model Trains – $100,000
*Additional naming rights opportunities are negotiable.
Join our family of supporters and ensure the future of a community treasure – Union Station Kansas City.
Recently voted Kansas City’s favorite building by the Kansas City Star, Union Station is a community icon beloved throughout Kansas City and beyond. In the years since our grand reopening, Union Station has established an outstanding reputation for promoting science and education through exceptional programs, exhibits and events. During those years, we have welcomed more than 6 million visitors through our doors to experience the beauty, entertainment and educational opportunities of the Station.
Your support of Union Station will help us preserve the beauty of the Station and continue in our tradition of bringing unique learning opportunities to the Kansas City community and beyond by:
- Providing the resources to attract world-class, educational national traveling exhibits for the Kansas City area and beyond.
- Allowing us to continue educational components such as Science City, Gottlieb Planetarium, KC Rail Experience, and other educational and outreach programs.
- Providing a landmark of grandeur and exceptional programming for the nearly one million visitors who enter our doors each year.
- Ensuring our continuation as a destination where culture, creativity, entertainment, learning and fun connect.
To donate to Union Station and invest in the future of this educational hot-spot and community landmark, please contact the Union Station Development Staff at (816) 460-2020.
Leave your legacy with Union Station Kansas City and ensure the financial stability of our beloved community treasure for generations to come!
What legacy do you want to leave? We all have the opportunity, through planned giving, to leave behind a special gift that will enrich the community and create a better place for future generations.
Planned gifts are arranged in the present to create benefit at a later date, and these gifts can actually provide tax benefits to you while providing future support for Union Station.
Planned, or deferred, gifts include donations from estate assets that have the potential to create a large, positive impact on income and estate taxes. Planned gifts may also be made during one’s life time to create immediate benefit to the Station. A variety of vehicles exist for making such a gift, including:
- Wills and Bequests
- Gifts of Life Insurance
- Gifts of Retirement Plan Assets
- Gifts of Appreciated Stock
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Gifts of Securities
- Gifts of Real Estate
Donors are encouraged to seek the advice of attorney, financial advisor or tax professional when considering a planned gift.
For more information about planning your gift to the Station, please contact Union Station Development Team at (816) 460-2020. If you have already included Union Station in your estate plan, please let us know; we would like the opportunity to express our thanks to you!