Looking for the ultimate destination for your group event? There is no other place as historic and iconic as Union Station. Large groups. Small groups. Adults. Youth. The options at Union Station are endless. And the memories you’ll create here are priceless.
For 100 years, this landmark has served as the choice destination for our growing community and region. Today, it serves as the place where Kansas City connects, creates, discovers, and celebrates. We offer fun and unique attractions, world-class touring exhibitions, educational programs, teambuilding activities, and private group buyouts.
We have every minute of your trip planned including a place to enjoy your lunch and easy access for bus drop-off and pick-up. Your day with us will be fun and worry-free. We have several new attractions and programs as well as traditional favorites for everyone to explore and enjoy. We break down everything that Union Station has to offer. It’s easy to customize your visit, you pick the activities that best meet your needs and we take care of the rest. We can’t wait for your next visit!
Union Station Homeschool Week is right around the corner! Visit us Monday, February 3-Sunday, February 9 to receive discounted group rates for your homeschool group. No minimum required. View our homeschool week flyer for more detailed information including activities, times, and pricing. Contact Katlyn Baker with questions. [email protected] / 816.460.2093
SCHEDULING YOUR GROUP VISIT
For personal assistance planning your group visit contact Katlyn Baker at [email protected] | 816.460.2093 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
To modify an existing reservation contact Kayla Burns at [email protected] | 816.460.2283 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
Occasionally, scholarship funding is available for qualifying school groups to visit Union Station attractions. Interested school groups should visit the scholarship links below for more detailed information and to submit the online request.
- JACKSON COUNTY FIELD TRIP SCHOLARSHIP
- JACKSON COUNTY ROAD SHOW SCHOLARSHIP
- Jackson County Touring Exhibition Scholarship
- JOYCE DI DONATO FIELD TRIP SCHOLARSHIP
- SCIENCE CITY EDUCATIONAL FUND
- Bayer Transportation Scholarship
SCIENCE CITY ON THE ROAD
Keep your children's interest in science thriving. Arrange for our Science City educators to visit your community or school event through our Science City on the Road Shows. These interactive science demonstrations and workshops stimulate interest and introduce basic science concepts in entertaining and memorable ways.
SCIENCE CITY AFTER HOURS
After Hours outings are a great learning opportunity for your group of 50 or more. These programs are designed to create a private, science-fun experience for your group. Programs include Educator-led activities, exploration of Science City, and a Planetarium show. For detailed information about these programs, please refer to our Group Planner above.
Science City has multiple Sleepover in the City nights planned for 2020. If you would like to participate in one of our pre-set Sleepover dates, please fill out the After Hours Reservation Form below. Payment is due in full at time of booking to reserve your spot.
- September 26, 2020 – Public Overnight (any families) – Art Science Theme
- October 17, 2020 – Boy Scouts Only – Art Science Theme
- November 7, 2020 – Girl Scouts Only – Art Science Theme
If you cannot make it to one of our scheduled Sleepover events above or would like to do just an Evening in the City event (without the overnight portion), please see below for steps to booking an event for your group. Please note all events are subject to availability and not guaranteed. A $200 non-refundable deposit is due once a date is confirmed for your event.
Step 1 - Choose from two programs:
1) SLEEPOVER IN THE CITY includes all of the activities listed and an overnight stay in the science center. An evening snack and a continental breakfast are also provided during Sleepover In The City.
2) EVENING IN THE CITY includes all of the listed activities without having to stay overnight. An evening snack is included during Evening In The City.
Step 2 - Review program themes, and choose an option:
- Space Exploration: Recommended for Grades 3 & Above
- Cold Science: Recommended for Grades 2 & Above
- Engineering: Recommended for Grades 3 & Above
- Art Science: Recommended for Grades 1 - 4
For detailed information about these programs, please refer to our Group Planner above.
To make a reservation for any of our After Hours programs, complete the AFTER HOURS RESERVATION FORM.
SCIENCE CITY BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Look no further than Kansas City's Science Center, Science City, to celebrate your child’s big day. Birthdays at Science City are a blast of epic fun!
Group Leaders! Subscribe to The Next Stop to get the most up-to-date, inside information about what's going on for groups at Union Station. The Next Stop is a monthly email service that will provide members access to updates on group sales news, special offers, upcoming events and much more! After you've registered, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address on file.
Educators! Subscribe to the Union Station Kansas City Educator Program to stay up-to-date with all things Union Station! This program is free and available to all licensed educators, educators in training, early childhood educators, and home school educators in Missouri and Kansas.
Visit the links below to view and download pre-visit materials to help prepare for your upcoming visit.
- Policies & Procedures: Group Visits
- Check-In: Form
- Map: Union Station | Science City
- Individual Drivers: Parking Map
- Bus Drivers: Parking Map | Instructions
- Genghis Khan: Educator Guide
- Science Standards: Next Generation Science Standards | Missouri Learning Standards
- Got Science Guides: K-2 Guides and K-2 Answer Key | 3-5 Guides and 3-5 Answer Key | 6-8 Guides and 6-8 Answer Key | 9-12 Guides and 9-12 Answer Key