TIME: 10AM - 5PM
PRICE: FREE WITH SCIENCE CITY ADMISSION | SPECIAL PRICING FOR KIDS 3-12 ($7)
You won’t want to miss out on the 4th Annual PNC kidFEST, Saturday, September 1 at Science City! kidFEST is full of interactive, early-childhood science education, and this year's theme is Messy Learning. This event is dedicated to hands-on learning for your youngest STEM explorers, so prepare for hands-on activities, demonstrations, and more that will engage and inspire your little ones. It'll be slimy, splattery, silly (science) fun day, all you need to bring is a BIG imagination and a smile! Special guests include Stone Lion Puppets, Mr. Stinky Feet, Kona Ice and MORE!
Plan ahead, and purchase tickets to experience the joys of messy learning, today!
- Building Dirt Cities
- Fizzy Mudplay
- Exploding Rockets
- Making and Dancing Ooblick
- Walking on Eggs
- Pom Pom Paint
- Foil boats
10 - 12: Steel City Radio Remote (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
10 – 2 KCPT (Located by Giant Lever)
10 – 4: Kona Ice (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
10 – 4: Literacy KC (Located in Maze Park)
10 – 5: PNC Foundation Butterfly & Panda Mask making (Located on Maze Park)
10 – 5: Inflatables (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
11 – 1: Sister Act Face Painting (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
1 – 3: Balloon Artists (Located in Music Park)
*subject to change. Please note, locations are weather dependent.
10:30 – 10:55: StoneLion Puppets’ The Ogre’s Tail (Located on Maze Park)
11:30 – 12:20: Mr. Stinky Feet (Located on Maze Park)
1:30 – 1:55: StoneLion Puppets’ The Ogre’s Tail (Located on Maze Park)
2:30 - 3:20: Mr. Stinky Feet (Located on Maze Park)
*subject to change.
Schedule of Activities*
- 10 – 12 Building Dirt Cities (Located in Tapped Out Classroom)
- 10 – 12, 2 – 4 Impact Craters (Located in Force of Motion)
- 10 - 4: Foil boats (Located at Water Tables)
- 10 – 4: Walking on Eggs (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
- 10 – 4: Pom Pom Paint (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
- 10 – 4: Foot painting (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
- 11 – 12, 3 – 4 Make and Dance Oobleck (Located in Test Kitchen)
- 11 – 12, 1 – 2, 3 - 4 Alka-Seltzer’s Exploding Rockets (Located in Haverty Family Yards)
- 11 – 1, 2 – 4: Painting with Marbles (Located in Maker Studio)
- 12 – 1: Dry Ice Coloring Fountain – (Located in Demo Area)
- 12 – 1: Slugs, Snails and Messy Trails (Located in Tree House)
- 2 – 4 Fizzy Mudplay (Located in Tapped Out Classroom)
*subject to change. While supplies last. Please note, locations are weather dependent.
**Big Bird's Adventure is included in your kidFEST admission. Ticket is required and can be obtained at the box office.
All other shows are $2.50.
11 am – Big Bird's Adventure –included with kidFEST admission
12 pm – Family Star Tour
1 pm – Big Bird Adventure –included with kidFEST admission
2 pm – Dino’s at Dusk
3 pm – Family Star Tour
4 pm – Mars 1001
About Mr. Stinky Feet
Kansas City's Jim "Mr. Stinky Feet" Cosgrove has been bringing families together through music for two decades. Come sing, dance, and play in the band during this high-energy, interactive show that will get the whole family rockin’.
About Stone Lion Puppets
StoneLion Puppet Theatre is a professional not-for-profit theater company dedicated to expanding the horizons of the young and young-at-heart through the art of puppetry in an interdisciplinary community of ethnic and cultural diversity Stone Lion Puppets will be performing "The Ogre's Tail" during kidFEST. The Ogre's Tail is "the true story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. What happens when tall tales are spread either out of fear or to make yourself look better? Find out as the truth is revealed about the poor, misunderstood troll with a toothache and a trio of confused and fibbing goats. Will our Princess learn not to judge by appearances alone."