Spookfest: Night at the Museum
SCIENCE CITY WILL CLOSE AT 3PM Saturday in preparation for SPOOKFEST
Rail Experience will be closed Tuesday - Saturday in preparation for Spookfest's Haunted Rail
TIME: 5PM - 8PM
PRICE: $6 Union Station Members | $8 General Admission
Join Us For The Sixth Annual Spookfest: Night at the Museum!
- Spooky Science Demos & Activities
- Creepy Critters & Eerie Edibles
- Spooktacular Science Stage Show
- Costume Contest
- Age 4 & Under, Ages 5-9, Age 10+, Family Group
- AND MORE!
Schedule of Activities*
5PM – 7:30PM Ghost “Boo”loons ( Located at Periodic Table)
5PM – 7:30PM Lightening Machines (Located at Haverty Family Yards)
5PM-7:30PM Surprise Ghouls (Located at Maker Studio)
5PM - 7:30PM Building Pumpkin Structures (Located at Engineerium)
5PM – 7:30PM Creepy Crawly Critters (Located at Nature Center)
5PM – 8PM Haunted Rail
5:15PM, 6:15PM & 7:15PM – Pumpkins Be Lit (Located at Haverty Family Yards)
5:30PM & 6:30PM – Dissections Come Alive (Located on Maze Park)
5:30PM, 6:00PM, 6:30PM & 7:00PM – Early Childhood Halloween Art (Located in Tapped Out Classroom)
5:30PM, 6PM, 6:30PM & 7:00PM Lava Lamps (Located in Test Kitchen)
5:30PM – 7:30PM Belger Clay Arts (Located on Maze Park)
5:30PM – 7:30PM Dino Lab Tours (Located at Dino Lab)
6PM & 7PM – BIG SHOW Demo (Located at Haverty Family Yards)
5PM, 5:20PM, 5:40PM & 6PM Planetarium Shows (Located at the Planetarium)
6PM – 6:30PM – Parent & Me Statue Pose Competition (Located at Maze Park)
7PM – 7:30PM – Parent & Me Statue Pose Competition (Located at Maze Park)
7PM – 8:00PM Planet Lookout (Located at Haverty Family Yards)
7:30PM – Costume Contest (Located Maze Park)
Costume Categories: Age 4 & Under, Ages 5-9, Age 10+ & Family
7:50PM – Monster Mash Dance Party (Located at Maze Park)
*While Supplies Last. Subject to Change.
When is Spookfest?
Science City's 6th Annual Spookfest is Saturday, October 27 from 5 PM to 8 PM.
Can i volunteer for Spookfest?
Yes! Sign up here.
Spookfest Costume Guidelines
Union Station and Science City are focused on providing the best possible guest experiences. Toward that end, we maintain certain guidelines to ensure safety and a welcoming environment in all respects. For SpookFest, we encourage guests to wear costumes and ask you to follow the guidelines below. Union Station and Science City reserve the right to disallow costumes that violate these standards.
- Costumes should be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent in theme.
- Costumes may not contain features that resemble or could easily be mistaken for a weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike or harm another Guest.
Dressing for Special Events
- Union Station reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 12 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 13 and older:
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic lightsabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.