Union Station Volunteer
Information Booth Host
Volunteer Engagement Supervisor
The Information Booth Host serves as the face of Union Station and the first point of contact for many visitors to Kansas City. As an Information Booth Host you will provide customers with information on Union Station and its attractions, including show times, directions and planning their visit. Customers are also to be provided with information on Kansas City.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to work with large crowds
- Ability to learn and understand the venue
- Working knowledge of tourist attractions in Kansas City
- Must be approachable
- Must have a pleasant demeanor
- Good communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in difficult or stressful situations
To be considered an official Information Booth host, an individual must complete the following training:
- Two 4-hour shifts observing a veteran Booth Volunteer
- Two 4-hour shifts being observed by a veteran Booth Volunteer
- One 4-hour shift not directly supervised
- Complete and pass the Information Booth Quiz
Volunteer Shifts - Availability depends on need
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 1:00pm; 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am – 2:00pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am – 3:00pm; 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Description of Duties
- Greeting customers as they approach the Information Booth.
- Ensuring guests receive accurate information regarding Union Station.
- Making sure there are current show schedules printed and available at all times.
- Providing maps, brochures, and directions. Restocking information materials as necessary.
- Provide accurate directions and information about events currently in Kansas City.
- Serve as the first impression of Union Station and Kansas City.
- Informing guests that wheel chairs are available and providing the guest with one when needed.
- Ensure proper use of phones.
- Report concerns to security.